- Hello, Dr. Conway,
- I can't tell you how it made me feel to be on your site,
as a TS success. I can't tell you, because you know better than
me, what it's like to be a success.
- I just wanted to take this time to tell you a little about
- The basics? My name is Kelly Van De Veer. I live in Hilversum,
in the Netherlands... I'm twenty years old. And, Lynn, I'm happy.
- I've seen so many site, on transsexuals, and my story is
their story. A young boy, with friends who thought it weird,
that I brought "Barbies" into class.
- I liked to dance---to move; ballet to jazz. I was appreciated
by my teachers....I mean, a boy who liked to dance! Lynn, it
was great for me.
- At 12, I was on TV, here in Holland. I learned so much. I
loved it. But then came Highschool. I identified so much with
what was me, with myself,
- but the outside world (not, the "real world") of
Highschool had such a hard time being where I was. I received
so much, changing in the girls room,
- dancing, being who I am.. I was born a way, and I was expected
to live that way. Be that way. But what we see, is not always
- Lynn, it hurt.
- I left Highschool, and became a hairdresser. I modeled, as
a boy. But, I used "him". I used "him", to
become her. So much time went by,
- I was trying to decide, for myself, to let others know who
I was. To say, hello, my name is Kelly. I became a show girl,
a drag queen. I entered travestite shows.
- I got famous as Kelly, the Drag Queen. I just wanted to be
- I had been taking hormones since seventeen. I had my surgery
at nineteen. I was luckier than most. My parents, my sister,
my boyfriend...they were there for me.
- They were in the hospital, crying, supportive of me. God,
I realize that i was luckier than so many.
- After the surgery, I felt so free. When people tried to bring
me down, I remembered the happiness. The feeling, of finally
being who I am.
- My boyfriend? He was (is) so important to me. But after the
surgery, I felt the need to be like the girls in high school.
I felt that need to be seen, to be desired.
- I miss him. I have my family, but with him it did not work.
- I am so young. But I know a few things. Treat people the
way you want to be treated. Love them, even when they hate you.
- I'm an actress, people know me, here in Holland, WOW! What
better than the admiration of people? Well, the admiration of
- The ability to love others. To reach out to others. I am
a transsexual woman. I am happy. If i lived my life in reverse,
my choices would be the same...
- I want to reach out to those young girls in Holland, in confusion...to
raise the lamp, and say, this way....it's ok, it's hard...but